Monday, July 20, 2009

a few things that have made me laugh in the last 24 hrs

 

First off, this is a statue of Ben Ali, who was a famous racehorse from these parts way back when. I think he looks entirely too fat to be a race horse. But that isn't what made me really laugh. Oh no. It was while visiting with some neighbor ladies last evening, one of whom was just getting control of a major toothache, which is going to result in a root canal, and I, of course, had to brag that I was once considered The Queen Of Root Canals. And if that wasn't enough, I said "I've even had two retro root canals." D looked at me in shock and asked, loudly, "RECTAL ROOT CANALS?" The rest of us nearly spit Margaritas across the table. That was a cleansing laugh. Today there were two laugh-out-loud events but neither was a belly laugh. #1; I spied what appeared to be a homeless man pushing his grocery cart full of bottles & cans,with even more bottles and cans tied to the cart, up the street. He was having to work at this pretty hard because he only had one available hand/arm....because the other one was holding a cell phone up to his ear. So perhaps he isn't really homeless because don't you have to have a real address to have a cell phone? Or, two, it was like Whoopie Goldberg in "The Telephone" wherein she carried on many conversations with many folks throughout the entire movie...but the phone was non functional. (which you didn't know until the end of the movie)The other thing that made me laugh was the window full of manikins in some posh-ish store at the mall-I-rarely-frequent. They were all dressed in woman's high fashion..but lacking wigs..which made them look like a window full of well dressed transvestites. Their faces looked decidedly mannish to me. Not that there's anything wrong with a window full of trannies!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

will said...

The chrome horse would look better if they got rid of the Rite-Aid.

weeder1 said...

I wouldn't invest in a Walgreens. They are reproducing as fast as Starbucks did! Its unreal!

weeder1 said...

OMG. that IS a Rite Aid! All this time I thought it was another Walgreens......However, WG IS reproducing like crazy... so I just assumed..obviously did NOT read the sign..good gawd.

MAYBELLINE said...

Ben Ali? Is this associated with James Ben Ali Haggin? He was a HUGE landowner here in California.

weeder1 said...

Yup. I think he won the Kentucky Derby....guess I should look that up.

weeder1 said...

He won the kentucky Derby in 1886.