Sunday, July 13, 2008

stuff n nonsense

Finally! The promised photo of Phoebe in her pool! yeahhhh! Big frickin' deal, eh?
she didn't really want to be in there this morning. Perhaps that was due to the fact that the air was quite comfortable and there was no need to stand in water. Interesting, the pose she chose when I told her to "stay".
Then this nasty looking but interesting fungi appeared when I contemplated moving a plant out of an old copper or brass container. They are about 4" long and 5/8" wide. I don't remember ever seeing this one before. Anybody know what its called? It should have some sort of delightful name, like that "Dog Vomit" fungi I sometimes find. Ah ha! I think its a Kysurus mokusin or Stinkhorn. angela sent me a great link http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/skey.html

These tiny (1/4" diameter) fungi are in yet another pot. The open ones look like weensy bowls of Lilliputian fruit snacks while the still round ones look like white peas. Again, I have not a clue.
Although...now I think this one is a type of Bird's Nest fungi.





Do you suppose these salmon, swimming north on Watt Avenue, are Steelhead? (yuck, yuck, har, har)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: