Monday, May 28, 2007

Raley's odd colored pots

Ok. So maybe they aren't "odd", just 1950-ish. Of course I had to buy one of each color to test my skills of matching plants to pots. The pink pot was done first and photo posted. Then the orange pot called to me and ended up with Million bells and some coleus in it. This past week it was the green AND the blue pot insisting that they come home with me. Good thing there aren't any more colors! The blue pot contains a little "Hadspin blue" Hosta. The green pot is the home for a Diascia "Flying Colors Apricot" and a Coleus "Stained Glassworks" trailing plum.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to ask--what is the spikey thing in the pink pot? Some kind of dwarf flax? Very pretty!

This is going to sound bad, but I've been enjoying the pictures of the dog vomit progression. I like weird science.

weeder1 said...

I am ashamed to say that I don't even know what the "mini-phormium" is. In fact, I can't even remember when nor where I got it! (Blond senior moments) I know the little pink & green sedum came from Home Depot. Wish I'd bought more of them!
I'll try to remember to get a picture of the dog-vomit now that it looks like, um, real dog vomit. No, it actually looks like a little patch of chocolate powder. ;>)

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I LOVE the pots! Oh yes, the plants look great as well.

I have never heard of dog vomit mold, it is nice to learn something new :).

Karen and Ralph said...

I love what you did with your Raley's pots. I couldn't resist them either especially when they went on sale. I ended up buying several sets of 3 different sizes and now have them on the back deck with mostly Marigolds and Petunias in them. My plan originally was to randomly set them out in the flower beds where there's mostly perennials and grasses. Sort of an eclectic mix but we're enjoying them so much where they are I don't have the heart to move them.

Unknown said...

Oh Karen! The pots went on SALE?! Good thing I missed that! ;>) Have you posted picture of yours? I;ll have to check.